Wednesday, March 2, 2011

my favorite over-the-shoulder bag!

Ever since I moved into the city of Philadelphia and gave up my car and chose to walk everywhere, over-the-shoulder bags have become the only kind I use! My very first sewing project that I made and completed was one of these very bags actually. I have made a few of them for friends and I’ve made 3 total for myself!
The pattern for the bag is smaller than the 1 I created for myself. I knew I would want more space than the one the book I have was made for so I just increased the size to fit my needs. (Well, I guess my Momma helped me with that. I should give her credit for everything I know on my sewing machine. Thanks Mom!) This bag has a flap that opens up to pockets in the front and it has a small clip to keep the flap down. There is even a small pocket on the outside of one side that my cell phone fits in perfectly! I just can’t get enough of these bags and I’m constantly on the look for a new over-the-shoulder bag pattern. Let me know if you know of any good ones!


This is the bag that I made for a good friend of mine. It is probably my most favorite version of this bag that I have made. How beautiful is this fabric?! Ah I just love it and it really turned out great and my friend really loved it! 



It may be hard to see, but the inside fabric has cute little owls on it! I love this one with the bold strips on the outside and the solids for the front pockets. This was for my best friend Katie! (I swear you’ll have it someday Kath…ha) 




This last bag was made for my fabulous co-worker Hannah. She picked out all the fabrics and I put it together for her. I love the she chose solids and paired it with the super fun tree pattern. I wasn’t satisfied with the plain white though so I appliqued one of the trees on the front pocket to add some excitement! I love it!


I know that there will be many, many more of these bags in my future! I hope that someday when I am able to start my own Etsy store that these will be a perfect item in my shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment