Wednesday, March 2, 2011

happy valentine's day!

it never really occurred to me until today what the real story of valentine’s day was and i wanted to find out. i did a little research online…
“Some experts state that it originated from St. Valentine, a Roman who was martyred for refusing to give up Christianity. He died on February 14, 269 A.D., the same day that had been devoted to love lotteries. Legend also says that St. Valentine left a farewell note for the jailer’s daughter, who had become his friend, and signed it “From Your Valentine”. Other aspects of the story say that Saint Valentine served as a priest at the temple during the reign of Emperor Claudius. Claudius then had Valentine jailed for defying him. In 496 A.D. Pope Gelasius set aside February 14 to honour St. Valentine.”
it was pretty interesting actually…I thought it was just all about chocolate and roses and jewelry!

My valentine did very well this year! I came home to sunflowers and a trip to the spa! And he even made me the most delicious dinner ever!! Nice work Ev!

I hope you had a great valentine’s day also!! And I hope that you were able to enjoy the wonderful weather we had today!! Is spring almost here?!

No comments:

Post a Comment