Wednesday, March 9, 2011

beautiful knitted things

I have always loved hand knitted things! I wanted to learn how to knit for awhile and my aunt finally opened up the amazing world of knitting to me this summer. So now, I love hand knitted things even more and I can appreciate all the time and the skill that goes into knitting gloves, scarves and everything else! knitting has become my almost first favorite hobby (just a smidge below sewing) and i love the vast possibilities that lay in my future knitting career!



this beeeaauuttiful shawl was knit by my fabulous friend Christine! she is amazing and has been the best resource for me through my knitting adventure. she is incredible with a knitting needle and i love seeing all of her work!


i currently have a table runner that is sewn by me but i think i want this hand knitted one instead! i love the simple pattern and the off-white color against the wood.


who doesn't love a great pair of knitted socks?! i'm not so good yet with the heel turn and the toe, but i will be some day and you better believe i'll have as many pairs of socks as i can make! these amazing orangeish/yellowish socks have such a beautiful pattern in them. someday i hope to have these in my sock drawer!


i am in love with almost everything that brooklyn tweed has on their website. this amazing shawl is just one of the projects that i hope to someday be able to make. look at all the details! ah - just beautiful!!


i love cables so much! my friend christine recently taught me how easy cables really are and i've been looking for projects with cables ever since! isn't this the cutest lampshade cover ever?


i just saw this really cute cabled cowl on loop's blog. i love the huge cables and the purple yarn is perfect! (loop is the cute little yarn shop 1 block from my apartment)


with all of this yarn talk, i'm ready to keep working on my current project - a lace shawl! happy knitting everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment