Sunday, August 28, 2011

my weekend project!

slowly but surely i am making progress in making this home feel like a home. on friday i bought my most favorite fabric from my little sewing shop and got to work on curtains for our bathroom.

amazing, right?! oh i've bought so much of it!

so this is what we started with..
really old dirty ugly white shear curtains..

and how awful is that without a curtain?


before and after! what a difference!


i really love them. i've been walking in and out of the bathroom just to look at them! ha they really do brighten up the room.


Curtains are SUPER easy and anyone can make them! A general rule of thumb when making curtains is to take your width measurement and double it. And measure your length and add just a few inches to account for your hems. All I had to do for these was to cut my rectangles, hem both sides and hem the top and bottom! They are so easy and add so much to a room! I love them!

hopefully everyone survived the hurricane & had a nice weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment