Thursday, August 18, 2011

baby parker zoe ella!

I've spent the past year working as a manager at a little coffee shop in center city... during my time there I went to the bank every day and became good friends with one of the tellers there! she recently had the most beautiful little baby girl so of course I got to work on some cute gifts for the little munchkin.

Latifah asked me to come up with a design for her baby shower invitations also.

she just wanted something simple and pretty. Latifah has a really amazing story and I wanted to incorporate that somehow. [I know it's hard to see..] but at the top we made a little time line with all of the major events in Latifah's life that were related to her first baby girl. She's been a mother figure to many young girls and now she has a baby of her own! Her colors were pink and purple so I used many shades for the layers and added some sparkly puffy paint for fun!

...in production! 


I came up with a fun bunting idea for the baby's room!
I never know a good way to take pictures of bunting so please excuse these pictures!

I used all pinks and purples and found a cute font online to use for the letters!



I really loved how it turned out! And I hope someday little baby Parker will love it too!


Last, I made Parker the sweetest little sweater!
I love this yarn and how it subtly changes color. I think it turned out really well and it was super easy! How cute are those little white flower buttons?!

I always like to make little tags to go on my hand knit presents!

here is the glowing momma at her shower!



one of Latifah's friends set up this beautiful and awesome candy bar! How awesome is all that pink and purple?!



i love this cake!

everything was pink and purple!! I love when you have a theme and go the whole way with it!

I'm so happy and honored that I got to be such a big part of this whole experience. Little baby Parker is now in this world and cute as can be!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment