Monday, May 30, 2011

the tweed weasel

I knew as soon as my mom and I walked into this super cute place that I was going to love it! Well, I think I should've known just by the name...The Tweed Weasel. How great is that? My mom and I have driven by this place many times in lancaster on our way to one of my favorite fabric places and this weekend we finally saw an Open flag waving outside and knew we had to stop and check it out. What a great surprise it was!

I had to share as many pictures as I could find of these most adorable fabric vegetables!

turnips, carrots, figs, garlic, beets, white & sweet potatoes


cabbage, onions, green beans, carrots, mushrooms, radish, tomatoes & eggplant


yellow wax beans


radishes


gourds


watermelon


fresh corn, husks and all! she thought of everything


tomatoes


the best one missing is the head of lettuce! ah, it was so perfect! I can't wait to save up some money and order my own set of these darling vegetables. I can just imagine them in a neat old box in my kitchen...and they will never go out of season!


the barn was also full of beautiful old antique furniture and a ton more handmade goods from the owner.






we talked to the owner for a bit after we browsed and she was such a nice lady. what a great stop! definitely check out her website and see more of her amazing work!!

happy memorial day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. those vegetables are really neat...they look almost real, yet so storybook like. really cool. seems like a neat place!

    ReplyDelete