Monday, June 20, 2011

my first completed dress

ever since i figured out how to use a sewing machine i wanted to learn how to make my own clothes...not all of them of course, but maybe some summer dresses or skirts or something. after opening my first pattern and realizing the huge task ahead i became a little scared of sewing clothes. i get tired after just cutting out the pattern pieces! and it doesnt help that my little Edward loves nothing more than to sit right in the center of whatever it is i'm working on...



but he's just so cute! so a few weekends ago some big motivation came over me and i headed over to spool to pick out the perfect fabric! i have a bunch of patterns i have bought over time and chose one to start working on. it didn't take me long to make some progress and i was determined to finish this one! (i have a few garments that are half way done...)

the dress has a pretty collar and lots of pleats on the skirt! it really wasn't very difficult and with a few helpful words from my friend Heather at spool, I was able to successfully finish the dress!

i love exposed zippers so i chose that instead of an invisible one




aren't those pleats fabulous?!

(excuse the goofy picture of me) but i wore it with a cute brown leather belt, oh and i forgot, it even has pockets! perfect.

someone even asked me where i bought it, the best compliment i could ever receive!
now it's on to the next dress pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment