Thursday, April 7, 2011

cherry house quilts


this weekend is a very exciting weekend for me, one I’ve been looking forward to for a while now!  I’m taking a sewing/quilting class at Spool (my favorite local sewing shop) with my Momma. Cherri House is the author of a book called “City Quilts” its an amazing book full of absolutely beautiful quilts. All of them use solid colors to create beautiful quilts. Cherri House is teaching our class on Saturday and she’s teaching us how to use solids in the best way. I’m SO excited!!

we were to choose 6 solid colors in one spectrum and then 6 solid colors in another complementing spectrum. I decided to choose greens and browns and I love how my blocks turned out!


and now i can't wait until my quilt blocks are put together and my first quilt is made!


We are making the Tempest Quilt..


don't you love the purple and grays?! (my mom chose to use yellows and grays! her blocks are amazing also!!)

If you love solids and love quilts, this book by Cherri House is definitely worth purchasing!


check it out here...(along with many of her other books and patterns..)

I can't wait to post my pictures of my finished quilt, hopefully coming soon!!
Happy Quilting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment