Friday, October 5, 2012

our new chapter


As many of you know, Evan’s job decided to move him into a new position in his company and to a small place called Beaumont, Texas. It’s a huge change from what we are used to and what we love, the busy city life in Philadelphia. We arrived in Beaumont two nights ago after a long 22 hour drive. Edward and Keety made the drive also and are very curious as to why they are in a tiny little hotel room and not their big beautiful house in Philadelphia! We are stuck here for 2 weeks until our house is ready for move in.

In the meantime, I am trying to catch up on some knitting, blogging, organizing my 'Great Idea Book' and trying to gather some recipes to try when we get into our house! What else do I have to do for 2 weeks in a hotel in a town where I know noone and don't have a car?!

I've been watching a lot of HGTV lately too and I've been constantly thinking of fun projects I can do around our new house to make it our home. Let me share some pictures of our new house and some fun projects I can't wait to start!!


instagram photo


the outside of our house

it's an open concept area - this is taken from the kitchen looking into the living room

here is from the living room looking into the kitchen area

check out this lovely laundry room! I know I'm old when I am overly excited about this area!!

oh, and heres my new backyard. and the biggest reason I am giving everyone to come visit me! :)


Now - to my home ideas!!
I have always wanted a super cool, bold, fun rug.....I am hoping I can talk Evan into something like this!

i love making useful things out of something you may not think would be useful anymore... how cool is this noteboard type thing?! it's an old window shudder. i love it and so easy!

we have a pantry in our new house (yeah a walk-in pantry...I'm going to be SO spoiled here in Texas) but I really want to paint it a super fun color like this yellow one. what a fun way to add some color without painting the whole kitchen!


I am always a sucker for photo walls. how beautiful is this one! so simple and clean, I can't wait to create mine in the new house.


This is definitely a scary new chapter for me but I think I have handled it well so far. Only 2 minor break downs so far... ha ha I can't wait to get into our new house and get settled! Come visit us please! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment