Tuesday, October 9, 2012

my tea leaves cardigan

(please excuse my appearance in this photo. i had just spent 22 hours in a car)

Here is my tea leaves cardigan! Minus a sleeve and the 2 buttons at the top (and probably a little bit of steam blocking) but isn't it a beauty?! I just cannot get enough of this yarn in my hands. I've seen this sweater made a few times when I worked at Loop in Philadelphia and I always thought it was so beautiful and so simple. It was my first [completed] top down raglan sweater and I loved it. Currently, the sweater ALMOST has it's second sleeve. I hope to finish it this afternoon and I can post another finished picture and maybe look slightly more presentable.

This pattern is a madelinetosh pattern and I have to say, it's SO easy. The finished product really makes you look like you've got some serious skills but everything about this sweater is really basic and it turns out so nice. And if you've never worked with madelinetosh dk weight yarn - You Are Seriously Missing Out. Please go buy some and treat yourself to a magical knitting experience.


Luster is the colorway that I chose for this sweater and I just love it. It's all hand dyed yarn so most of them just have a subtle color change that is just amazing. (Can you tell how much I love this yarn?!)

I can't wait to finish my last sleeve, sew on my buttons and show you the finished project!


No comments:

Post a Comment