Thursday, December 1, 2011

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Well, it is that time of year again....my most favorite time of year! I love decorating and getting ready for the holidays. This year is extra exciting because now that I have a house I have a huge space to decorate.
 
I have always loved wreaths! I love them in all shapes and sizes, all colors and textures, made with any materials. I guess they just feel warm and cozy to me when I see a beautiful wreath hanging on a door or in a home somewhere. So - this year I decided I wanted to make my own! I found a few inspirational pictures and headed to Michael's with one of my good friends Brittany. I picked out a bunch of different berries and branches, got some wire and just a plain brown base for my wreath. At first I was trying to wire everything on but soon discovered that my hot glue gun was the way to go! What do you think?!




I really love it and I was so happy it turned out just about exactly how I wanted it to. Lucky for me there was already a nail in the fireplace, a perfect spot to hang my wreath!
 
Of course I wanted to share some of the awesome wreaths I found as my inspiration. Enjoy and Happy December 1st everyone!

i love those dark berries!


left over yarn wreath?! how cool!


love all the fruit on these.


i love this color palette!


simple and sweet


i love this scene! i'd love these in my house.


more berries...can you see a theme here?



both of these beauties from martha




i love the grey and this beautiful door too! ha


pretty snowflakes


wall of wreaths!

No comments:

Post a Comment