Sunday, July 1, 2012

christmas socks

I do realize it's the first day of July and almost 100 degrees outside and who is thinking of wool socks, but I just can't help sharing (what I believe to be) one of my best ideas yet!

For Christmas this past year I decided to knit socks for the ladies in Evan's family. I've knit plenty of socks for gifts before this but I wanted these to be extra special. One night I was laying in bed thinking of all the things I still had left to do for Christmas gifts and an idea hit me - why don't I make labels for my socks like real socks come. Duh. Why had I never thought of this before?!


So I got right on indesign and came up with this clever little idea. Of course I printed them on brown paper bag paper and then wrapped them in small sock boxes.




I was quite pleased with myself after making these. I think it just made them look so nice and obviously hand made but it added a nice professional touch. Now I use this label for all the socks I give! The label also includes the care instructions for them...sometimes I'm so smart! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment